Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/26/2010

Another update before NaNoWriMo really kicks off.

I have finally decided to write a story that I came up with three days ago... Which proves the fact that I have issues with distractions. ANYWAYS. I am writing my story about a girl who looks at anyone and she instantly knows when they're going to die.

Now to something that will seem off topic, but is actually highly on topic. For the rest of this week, except Thursday, I have a full lunch. For the first half of that lunch, all of my freshman friends have to go to transition, which is basically a required study hall for freshmen and sophomores so the cafeteria doesn't get overcrowded. I don't like being without my friends, but it gives me extra time to do homework w/ out worrying about neglecting them.

I have this spiral for all my little plot bunny notes and whatnot. Basically anytime a whisp of anything pops into my brain, I write it down. My problem is that I've been working in my spiral during my time alone for lunch, except every time that I do something, this idiot (who shall remain nameless *coughfriend'sbrothercough*) starts reading off everything I'm doing. With all the homework I have to do at home, this means I'm basically going into NaNoWriMo far less prepared than I would like to be.

I hate you shoulder looker.

Side bar: Just about lunch in general, but I find that having a whole lunch without any friends to talk to causes me to buy more food than I normally would because I'm sitting there without anything to do.

And then, I'm kind of in panic attack mode planning out what I'm going to do for November 1st. You see, I have jazz band on mondays, which (not even considering House and How I Met Your Mother on Mondays) limits my free time to about two hours after school. And I really don't want to go into red on the first day. And I can't stay up until midnight either because 1) I can barely stay up past 10 in the first place, and 2) School.

Maybe I'm over thinking it all. But I really don't think starting in the red is the best way to go.

Ugh,
~Jess the Nerdfighting BandGeek

No comments:

Post a Comment